Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Art Auction. It's OVER!

Happy birthday to me! (Tomorrow.) The Art Auction is over. Honestly, I was a little disappointed by what I made. I was going to be over-the-top thrilled with $100, excited about $50, and happy with $30. I didn't even make $15. So, I have created a new page on here where I will put pictures of everything that didn't sell. Leave a comment or e-mail if you're interested in any of them! I should have them up by Monday! I may do an Etsy.com store, but haven't decided yet...

I'm mostly disappointed because I was in charge of the store and we only made about $150 for W.E.E. in the store (the auction itself did much better) and maybe $300 overall. I put a LOT of work into the store and a TON of work into my things for the store and just feel I put WAY too much work into it just for that small amount of money. However, people didn't even bid on their own children's things, so obviously they weren't into spending money.

I really did enjoy making my things and doing the store, it's just I was hoping for a little bit more reward for all the stress and time crunch and cutting into my life...

Enough moaning.

I have to get ready for the bachelorette shower I'm in charge of next week and clean up after the tornado that came through my house...or, you know, the art auction that came through... so I may not get back to regular posting immediately, but I will soon!!!

 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you did not make much at the auction. I remember those days.....making all those crafts and then doing the art show for very little return. I saw your stuff and it was super cute...try and find a little botique that takes things on consignment maybe. Well hope your Birthday is better than the auction.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good birthday! Sorry about the auction...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you (one week later) Happy Birthday to you (one week later), Happy Birthday dear Branalyn (who is 23 and 1 weeeeeeek) Happy birthday to you.
    And you SHOULD do an Etsy store. But that is my 2 cents. And I wanted to come her to thank you for all your fab comments you leave because each one makes me smile. Off to check out your stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, OK. There is nothing on that page. Branalyn? You give a link, you better have something to show for it girlie! HAHAHAHAHA! You know I am just kidding. I laughed out loud when I clicked on it but I was really excited to see your stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one!