Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Oh, My Friends...

I simultaneously want to write and want to work on another curtain project.  It's a much smaller project than last time.  And I'm attempting to take pictures of it so I can actually write about it the process.  Also, youth kids come over in about 30 minutes to do a movie night so I'm kind of pressed for time.

Anyways.

Last week we went to youth camp #1.  It was Super Summer, which I'd never attended, at UMHB, where I have attended.  It was fun.  Robert and I scandalously stayed in a room together in Beall.  The girl stayed just down the hall from my old Remschel Room.  The boys stayed in Stribling.  Stribling is a girl's dorm!  Hardy's food wasn't so bad but was as greasy as ever.  The SUB has Icees now.  It's a good thing they didn't have them before!  The Spurs had two back to back heart-breakers.  Worship was amazing.  The speaker was good.  The sessions for the grown-ups were good.  I snuck off campus and saw my family and a couple friends.  Three of our youth really came into their own as leaders (at least, I think so).  And, I had the best camp idea EVER.  I knew we were going to be on UMHB campus, so I took some laundry detergent and color catchers with me and we came home WITH NO LAUNDRY TO DO! That's right.  Besides the clothes on our backs, there was no laundry to be done.  We came home with suitcases full of CLEAN clothes and towels and sheets! It may have been like the second most brilliant idea I've ever had.

The youth that went to camp came over and ate with us yesterday and we had a good conversation about where to go from here with the youth group.

Now the whole group is invited tonight for movie night.  Since next week is the 4th of July, we are watching

The Patriot.

I know, you were expecting Independence Day.

Fooled you!

I still need to make laundry soap and there's several other things on my to-do list that are getting bumped.

Partly because going to the doctor today seriously took up way too much of my time.  But I got the refills for Advair that I needed so...

Branalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one!