Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My House

*************UPDATE!!!!!!! So I did my best, and it's still a little janky looking, but I promise to do better on the outside and the rest!!!********************


OK, so I have this great idea. I'm gonna show you around my house. You saw my cool trick in my baking drawer. I'm gonna show you some other cool tricks, and also the decorating I've done. I really like decorating and I like how my house is coming! I'd like it better if I could paint, and I could, I'd just have to paint it back and that's expensive and a lot of work! AND there will be proof that my house was clean, once, AND you'll see the difference my shelves make! I meant to start this "series" with a bang and show you the outside and floor plan today, but by the time I got around to it, it was too dark to take pictures and I can't find my old floor plans and don't feel like making a new one right now. SO, I will begin with the inside! I'm analytical anyways, lol. Here is my dining room and kitchen, with commentary! Please do not judge my lack of photographic abilities! 


The front door is there on the left. This is the hutch that belonged to my Daddy's Momma and then to my Aunt Sandy, who gave it to me. The angel on the top my came from my Daddy's Momma, too. On top is candles and the cake topper from our wedding, and the book, sand, and flowers are from our wedding, also. The pictures are pictures of us from UMHB, the yellow plate I made at U-Paint-It when I graduated, the blue paint is my china, and there's the silver bread thingy, the Willow Trees, and the hydrangea wreath thingy my Momma got me. In the drawers are gift-wrapping items and piano books.


These are the drapes from my second dorm room in college. The rod is new, because the old one that looked almost exactly like it flew out of my brother's truck last time we moved. Hanging between them are folded white squares a family friend bought and painted cute little dolls doing chores.

 
Here's what the room looks like as a whole. Sorry about the terrible flash that hurts your eyes. The hutch is barely visible there on the left and you can see how we have the vaulted ceilings and where the dining room meets the kitchen. The table is the same as the hutch; they are a set. There are only 5 chairs, so sitting against the wall is the hope chest my Grandby gave me. It's sturdy enough to sit on and hanging above it is a sort of "back" made out of fabric wrapped fabric bolts. I made them in our last apartment to serve as a wall-hanging above the table, which was pushed up against the wall, but I like this much better. There are two more bolts that were blue and white plaid (I guess that's how to describe the pattern) but I decided it was too busy and Momma thought it was too wide. Robert is making me two twin shelving units to go against the wall to display some of my antique china and some other things. When those are finished, I'll have to move the two pictures closer together and I'm going to put up a long glass shelf above all of it. I might re-cover the other two bolts then and hang them beside the yellow and blue toile ones. The yellow and blue toile is the same on the chairs. These are close ups of the two pictures. They are a little blurry…sorry.




 


 


 


 


 











This is the table on the left looking over the bar into the kitchen. And above here is a close up of the bar stool seats. They used to be just ugly fake wood looking and had bad, bad fabric on the seats. I spray-painted them (with my brother's help) and Daddy and I tightened and put in new screws to hold them together better. And I used the fabric above to fix the seats! I really like the fabric, especially in my yellow and blue toile room! Plus, this shows you why I chose to do the kitchen and dining room together, so on to the kitchen.

Here is the bar looking at my Italian scene picture. Microwave on the counter and refrigerator in the background.





 







Here's the close up of my microwave. I love it! 
It's RED!



 
 


 

     

        These are antique pots my Momma gave me and they look so cute hanging on the wall!


 


 

 
This is the top of the refrigerator. The green glass bowl came from Robert's grandmother.

The apple came from his mom, the chicken from my Daddy's Momma and the sifter fromNana, my Momma's Momma's Momma.

 


This is above my sink. It's a window! The curtains match what's hanging between the blue drapes on the opposite side of the room in the dining room!




 



Here is my amazing RED mixer my Grandby gave me and canisters full of baking things.

Can you believe how much counter space I have?

        





Above the stove (bad, bad picture, cute, cute ideas).

  
My husband cooking breakfast for supper and my cute utensil holder.



                       

 This thing used to be in my room when I was little. It makes a great place to put our toaster oven and it storage!


 These are erving utensils and chopsticks that my friend brought back from a mission trip!!!

                       
 And the square below has a sad story… 

It's just a glass plate, but my Momma covered it with broken china. We bought antique salt and pepper shakers.


They were red and pretty and we were shocked to find them, and fairly cheap. We triumphantly brought them home, but my brother's friend accidentally dropped them. I was so upset, Momma saved the pieces and used them for this and another project you have yet to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one!