Thursday, November 29, 2012

I've Been Busy

I have completed quite a few projects in the last week or so.  (Granted, I had some help...)

As soon as I finish getting some "before"s together, I'll take some "after"s and show ya'll what all I've done!

Also, have I sent ya'll to this hilarious blog yet?  Because, really, Eli makes me laugh.  A lot. 

Today, I (almost) finished my cabinet project (teasers below, R still has to make the drawer handle fit and one of us has got to put the hinges on), continued with my plate project (to be revealed in the "after"s), cleaned the kitchen (which is, of course, dirty again, just makes me mad), did a load of laundry, wasted a lot of time, listened to lots of Christmas music on Pandora, and got ready for the trip to the Big City.

Yup, it's that time again.  Once a month I make a pilgrimage to the Big City to stock up for the month since here in Podunk, West Texas we have limited shopping opportunities.  I can't go alone on this excursion because it's just too much.  (OK, I could, but I don't want to.) So last week, when R said he didn't think he'd be able to go, I asked my new friend C if she wanted to go.  She said she wanted to, but she was having her wisdom teeth out on Wednesday so she didn't think she'd be up for it.  Then, R changed his min or his plans or whatever it was and decided he wanted to go.  THEN, C texted me just a few minutes ago and said she was feeling pretty good and needed to go to town and she'd like to go tomorrow.  I'm just so popular. : )

So I spent a couple hours cleaning out the fridge, loading the car with various bags, boxes, and coolers, plus the stuff I need to take to town (a music book to be re-bound, and shelf supporter thingies I need to buy a shelf for), organizing the money (in a way reminiscent of Dave Ramsey), and making a list.  Or rather, lists.  One list for each money category.  And I saved the lists to my Google Drive and shared it with R (because his Android lets him edit spreadsheets, my iPhone does not) so now we are ready to get up and spend all day in the Big City! 

It truly takes me a few hours to prepare and then all day shopping at different stores (groceries last) and putting away but it's nice to do it an be done.  We might run to the local store for eggs or medicines later this month, but we shouldn't have to go for anything else. (Not even milk because I said I was buying 6 gallons tomorrow and if R couldn't make that last for a month, including me using some for baking, he could buy more with his own spending money because that is ridiculous! I did the math and even if I used up 2 whole gallons, he'd still get to drink just over 2 cups a day!)

I'm pretty sure only one of you is even reading at this point, so I'm just going to stop. 

Here are the cabinet teasers, as promised, plus a bonus:

This is the front of the cabinet, sans hardware and door a little saggy as the catch is holding it and not hinges.  We found the cabinet outside here when we moved in,  R rebuilt parts, sanded others, added wheels, Mom and I kind of whitewashed the top (but with paint), and I painted the rest.  It was too rough to ever get a perfect finish, so I went with a distressed finish.

The side.
The back.

The other side.  It's going to go in my kitchen.  My mixer, bread machine, and some baking stuff will go in/on it.
 And the bonus...

This started life as a light in our dining room.  Then some mean men took it out because it was old.  But they left it in the storeroom and I found it again!  I took it apart, cleaned it, and put it back together (so I wouldn't forget how it went).  Momma brought some other lamp bits and pieces when she came and we put it all together to get...  

This!  

Tada!  It even works!  (And Daddy only had to make one tweak and then add the turner offer thingy on the cord because you couldn't get to the other part to do that and I would've just had to plug and unplug it.  Once I get a table for it, it's going in my living room!


Branalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one!