Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ramblings and then, Bethlehem's Children

Well, it has been an interesting day. I finally, after much frustration, got the number of the store where I paid half of my bridesmaid dress and need to pay the other half and pick up. We had originally planned to go on the 20th but once I finally got a hold of the store, they said it for sure won't be in by then and may or may not be in by the next Saturday, the 27th. I certainly hope they are in by then because the next Saturday I have free is May 8th unless I make a quick trip on the same day I'm having a jewelry party, April 17th. It's all just very frustrating.
Then, I got news that my husband's job is ending on May 15th. They are shutting the place down. 150 people looking for a job and he's one of them.


Now this has nothing to do with any of the other junk I just dropped, but I just finished a book that, though fictional, is based on Biblical and historical facts. It's the 6th book in a series about the life of Christ (it began with Him as a man and then went back to His birth) called Sixth Covenant by Brodie and Brock Thoene. Sixth Covenant is about the birth of Christ, the wise men from the East, and Herod's slaughter of the boys under 2 in Bethlehem. At the end of the book, a wise-man-character is writing and says

Though the story of Bethlehem is legendary, it is no myth. 
It was, in that dark hour, as it has always been when light threatens the darkness. It is written that when the people of Israel were slaves in Egypt, Pharaoh, like Herod, killed the two-year-old sons of the Jews. Only Moses, the deliverer, escaped. The children die first when Satan is aroused. Always. Countless little ones have been lost every day since evil first began to prowl the earth and seek out those easily devoured. Some die a quick death by violence or illness. Others perish inch by inch of neglect and the absence of love. These too are Bethlehem's children.

It makes me want to do something for those children and name the organization "Bethlehem's Children." I'm sure that will never happen, but that's what the passage said to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one!