Friday, June 5, 2009

Independence Day

One of the best movies ever! Full of AMAZING one liners. And I do love me some one liners! And did I mention I got it from the public library for FIFTY CENTS?!?!?! Independence Day, New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Cahill, The Mummy, and Seabiscuit (which didn't work, but at $.50 a pop, who can be mad?) for $3.50. No joke. All because I still have a VCR!

Any Chuck fans out there? Isn't Independence Day-Casey (same actor, one of them Baldwin brothers..., different name in this movie, but to me he will always be Casey) so CASEY when the general guy says "Is that glass bulletproof?" and then Casey-guy says "No, sir."

On a similar note... I really love the part in Independence Day when the aliens have invaded the earth and they are preparing to send up the planes, but the people still look at the drunk crop duster like he's NUTS when he says the aliens kidnapped him 10 years before. I'm just thinking his story might be a little more plausible now... I'd like to turn that into an amazing lesson of some sort. I hope something comes to me later, lol, but I just felt the need to share.

I can, however, make a lesson out of the two statements "We got to work on our communication!" and "Stop side-seat drivin!" but I won't. Wouldn't want to step on my own toes! (Instert my husband lauging here...) And there's the fact that it's just pretty obvious.
Actually, I was thinking in a more vertical than horizontal way, but I missed my joke if I made it about my relationship with Jesus! (I certainly hope my wacky sense of humor translates here or I may have greatly offended the two people who read this blog...)
In all honesty, control is a major issue for me. I don't often get the chance to side-seat drive because I'm always the one driving. I really love driving, unless it's in the big city, which can just be stressful, but there's plenty control-freak mixed into me being the one that always volunteers to drive. My mom and I were diagnosing this in me today. (Not that we just discovered it, but that we decided to analyze it today. We do that alot. Probably has to do with understanding what people's responses to a situation will be so we can better control it...)
Back to the topic at hand. I just have this desperate NEED to be "in the know." To feel like I'm a PART of what's happening and not a spectator. To MAKE the decisions and not just follow. That comes in really handy in some situations. Mostly though, it makes me come off as too pushy, too nosey, too authoritative.
It also makes it very hard for me to allow Jesus to be Lord. I love that He's my Savior. I love Him. And, in theory, I want Him to be Lord, but when push comes to shove, I'd rather make my own decisions than wait on His timing, His leading, His PERFECT plan. Why, oh why can't my brain realize that His plan is perfect and then just wait for it to happen? Why do I feel like I can come up with a better plan? Why do I get so upset over not getting a job I thought I might like when I know He has a plan that's even better?
Well honestly, (stick with me here) because He made me that way. Because He knew I would need those attributes to do what He planned for me to do on this earth. On a side note, I'm kinda hoping that plan involves directing a child care that brings glory to Him and loves on children and being a good wife and momma (one day, don't get excited folks!) and assertive personalities come in handy in those situations. (OK, maybe not the good wife one, but I can dream! : )) But He doesn't want me to respond to Him that way. And I just can't seem to let go enough to stop responding that way. Something gets lost between my head, my heart, and my spirit that all know He's got a perfect Jeremiah 29:11 plan for me, but can't seem to all function on that level at the same time. I hope that sentence makes sense to someone other than me, but that's the only way I can think to describe it right now. It's like my head and my spirit will know He's got a plan, but my heart will be discouraged. And then I'll start feeling good about the fact that He's got a perfect plan, but my head will get ahead of things and decide what that plan must be and start acting before I listen to what THE LORD OF HEAVEN AND EARTH is saying. Like I said, I can't be on the same page even within my own self!
There's really no resolution at the end of this post because I have no resolution in my life for this issue. But at least I got in a better post than yesterday's! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one!