Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So unexpected and yet, so expected...

I'm sure this will be the subject of many blogs tonight.

I am so sad about Jon and Kate. I have not had cable for 2 years and have only seen parts of the 3rd and 4th seasons and only 1 full episode from this season plus clips of tonight's episode. But I loved this family and what they stood for. Yes, Kate was controlling, but she is not totally to blame! Jon let her be controlling and openly admitted to not communicating, though she made it difficult for him to do so. What really got me was when said he was excited about this new chapter in his life. With his new earrings. (Really, was anyone else as freaked out by that as I am?!) The clip I saw made it look like Jon was just walking out on the family. I was really hoping they were going announce they were going to cancel the show, and I never thought I'd say that. I'm ashamed at how much money TLC must be making over all of this.

After reading Multiple Blessings and seeing the extras TLC was too afraid to air (my opinion, because it had to do with God and Jesus) but put online, I thought they were very grounded in their faith. I have always felt that when you have producers involved, they can use clips to make the situations look the way they want, but even with the edited version of their lives we have all been watching, it seems God had slipped out of their lives at some point.

I cannot begin to describe how sad I am for the children. And I am upset by the promises they made that have been broken. They have said they would always stay together, if only for their children, they said they'd stop the show when it was no longer best for their family, and they promised that God and family would be first in their lives. I'm so sad they couldn't see those promises through because I feel that might have saved their marriage and family. I am fully aware that Christians sometimes divorce, but I think it just makes it more sad.

A great family and a great show died tonight. And all we can hope and pray for is a reconciliation. I'm not saying I don't believe it's possible; I'm just saying with the show still going on, it makes it that much more difficult. I hope the ratings plummet after tonight. I really do. And, like I said before, I never thought I'd be saying that.

And, if you read all that and are still with me and not seeing red, I'd like to say that we are praying and thinking and talking and have a decision to make about where we're going to be. And we have to decide yes or no to this particular plan by lunch tomorrow (which is actually today...)

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog- how fun! :) I look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one!